Every project is different and every client is unique, but we all want to keep it simple. Together, we'll work collaboratively in your own private online studio.
Whether we're working together on a consultation, a full design service, or a curated package... if it's part of your design package, you’ll be able to:
- track your project in real time and access all details in one organized place
- approve estimates, contracts and documents,
- view your design boards and plans, and
- make purchases from your own personalized shopping lists at your own pace
Why hire a design professional?
Regardless of your design goals, my goals are to ensure that you have access to the best possible options and most current industry information. I'm continually taking design courses and staying up to date on the latest developments, trends and technologies. Of course, there is more out there in the world of building and renovating than any one person could know, so I'm never afraid to say, "Let me find that out for you."
By hiring me for your design project, I'll provide you with clarity, help, clear communication, and guidance.
- Clarity and documentation of your vision and ideas - helping you to sort out your needs and wants.
- Help in achieving a cost-effective project and ensuring your home will be functional, efficient, comfortable and beautiful.
- Your project clearly communicated to contractors so they can accurately prepare cost estimates and complete your project according to your wishes.
- Guidance in monitoring your project during construction
- Your savings from my designer pricing offset and often surpass the cost of my services.
- No surprises - you'll know your cost of design services even before we start working together.
- After Consult Q&A is free of charge. If you need more, we can work together with an hourly rate.
- See Services tab for details and pricing on all design packages
I've got it covered
Helping you with your project is a big responsibility and to that end, I carry professional liability insurance through Lloyd's of London.
I'm an Certified Interior Decorator through the New York Institute of Art and Design and a director on the board of the Nova Scotia Interior Decorators Association. I'm a voracious life-long-learner, collecting course credits (CEU's) from design and build institutions like the American Institute of Architects, the National Kitchen and Bath Association, and the Lighting Control Institute. I'm a Certified Colour Consultant with one of America's leading colour consultants, Kate Smith, and a Certified Lighting Specialist through the American Lighting Association.