Whether you're moving into a new space or staying put, I'll guide you with design considerations like: efficient space planning, cost-saving lighting design, universal design for graceful living, and furniture, fixture, finish and colour decisions to create a space that's perfect for you.
Every project is different and every client is unique. How we work together will be sized right for you, your lifestyle, your budget and your vision!
Regardless of your design goals, my goals are to ensure that you have:
- Clarity and documentation of your vision and ideas - helping you to sort out your needs and wants.
- Help in achieving a cost-effective project and ensuring your home will be functional, efficient, comfortable and beautiful.
- Your project clearly communicated to contractors so they can accurately prepare cost estimates and complete your project according to your wishes.
- Guidance in monitoring your project during construction
Some of the tangibles for your project will include:
- Design boards - see how your vision of the perfect place will come to life
- Furniture layouts for old and new – know if it will fit and whether it works
- Colour plans and paint schedules – feel confident and inspired
- Lighting plans and fixture selections – don’t be left in the dark
- Plan enhancements for universal design – use good design to optimize how you live in your home for now and in the future
- Action plans and time lines – know what needs to happen and when
- Elevations and designs for built-ins – clear ideas for creative use of space
- Specifications for sustainable and appropriate materials and fittings – be efficient and environmentally friendly within your budget
I've got it covered
Helping you with your project is a big responsibility and to that end, I carry professional liability insurance through Lloyd's of London.
To be certain that I'm giving you the best possible information and guidance, I am continually taking industry courses and staying up to date on the latest developments, trends and technologies. Of course, there is more out there in the world of building and renovating than any one person could know, so I'm never afraid to say "Let me find that out for you."
I'm an accredited Interior Decorator through the New York Institute of Art and Design and a director on the board of the Nova Scotia Interior Decorators Association. I'm a voracious life-long-learner, collecting course credits (CEU's) from design and build institutions like the American Institute of Architects, the National Kitchen and Bath Association, and the Lighting Control Institute. I'm a Certified Colour Specialist with one of America's leading colour consultants, Kate Smith and a Certified Lighting Specialist through the American Lighting Association.